Succulent DIY KIT PLANTING GUIDE
Step 1-Add Succulent Soil to the planter/pot/container
- Cover the bottom of the container with enough potting soil so that when the plants are in place
- Leave about a half inch below the rim of the container
- This will make it easier to water the plants without overflowing the sides of the container
Step 2-Test Placement of Succulents
- Place your plants, into the container to get a general idea of spacing
- Move the plants until you are satisfied with the arrangement
Step 3- Plant your succulents/cactus
- Take the succulents out of their nursery pots,
- and place them back into your container one by one.
- Using a chopstick or a pencil can help place them by moving the soil under them
- Then, gently pack additional potting soil around each plant.
- Make sure to keep the soil covers the roots of the plant
- Confirm that you have filled in all the spaces between the plants.
- If you leave air gaps, the roots might dry out and kill the plants.
Step 4-Add the Finishing Touches
- Gently remove any soil that is covering the leaves and stems of the plants.
- You can do this with a soft-bristled brush or even by gently blowing on the plants.
- To give your container a finished look, add the moss around the container and slightly under the plants